Legend: WHY we are the Top Choice for creativity & image quality
We know you don’t want the same looking pictures you’ve seen over and over again from other studios where the pictures all look the same, but with a different person in them. At Legend, we design your portrait session to match your personality, look and interests. With our 5-acre portrait park and four incredible outbuildings, including a new 1600 sq. ft. indoor camera room, Legend offers far more variety and looks than you’ll find elsewhere – all in one convenient 5-acre location! And we know how to work it all to give you unique looks. Many of our clients come to us from considerable distances to get unmatched portrait creativity & quality AND to avoid getting the same pictures everyone they know has from the same studio in their local area. Our work will really set you apart with portraits that will knock your socks off!
We know that senior portraits are among the most important portraits in your life and that trusting the creation of your senior portraits to a highly creative, seasoned portrait artist makes all the difference in the world. We want to be your source for senior portraits that will stir your soul… portraits you will be thrilled with for a lifetime.
CRITICAL REASONS TO CHOOSE LEGEND: we focus on attending to the DETAILS of
• POSING – this is a critical component to looking great in pictures. We know how to guide and direct you to angles and postures which will make you look your VERY BEST.
• EXPRESSION – just any smile or ordinary “look” won’t do at Legend. The way we work with you during your portrait session is guaranteed to bring out natural-looking expressions that are engaging, appealing, and reflective of your true nature. We pride ourselves on helping you look relaxed, happy, confident, and natural in your expressions.
• CLOTHING CONSULTATION – this starts from when we first talk with you on the phone and comes to completion when we narrow down to the final clothing choices at the time of your photo session. We know how important clothing selection is to making great portraits and will guide you through every step of the way!
• COORDINATION of STYLES and COLORS – we do this when reviewing your clothing and setting options to make sure your clothing and colors coordinate perfectly with the settings and backgrounds available. Your clothes and colors will be RIGHT with the setting we photograph you in.
• LIGHTING and CAMERA WORK – this is a skill that takes years of constant study and practice to develop and refine. We’ve got this part down! And it’s important!
• RETOUCHING & EDITING – this post-production work is vitally important in “developing” the images we create of you into portraits with perfect complexion retouching, perfect colors, perfect highlights and shadow detail in the finished prints. It takes a master retoucher and image editor to do this work so seamlessly that your look is perfect AND natural. You will never be “too” retouched or look “strange” in portraits from Legend. And if your complexion is especially troublesome… have no worries, our years of experience in portrait retouching will make you look your natural best.
• CREATIVE VISION & CONTROL Don Hauerken is your photographer AND the artist who will retouch your complexion and completely edit every detail of your selected portraits. If you like the work you see on our website and brochures… know that it is 100% Don Hauerken. His creative “vision” begins at clothing consultation, moves to setting, lighting, posing, camera work, image selection, retouching, color correcting, levels adjustment, cropping, and printing. One artist has complete control over the creative “look” of your portraits from start to finish!
Some other benefits from choosing Legend:
• 8- 2×3 wallet portraits to you for mentioning one of our Model Reps who referred you
• “Touch of Beauty” ~ a finishing touch to your hair and make up
• “Buddy” Poses created during your session (include your best friend, your dog, your cat, other buddies)
• “Car & Prop” poses created during your session (include your car, motorcycle, and other props)
• 2×3 pocket album with every package
• Yearbook photo submission matching your school’s specification with every package
• Unique looks, poses, incredible settings and image quality you cannot get anywhere else, at any price
AND – we offer versions of your senior portraits for display on your MySpace & Facebook pages!